Symptoms of Inner thigh lumps
- Fluid-filled blisters
- Pain and inflammation
- Muscle weakness
- Inability to move the legs
- Cold feet
- Loss of sensation
What Can Cause Lump on the Inner thigh?
Lymph Node Infection
The lymph nodes are present near the groin in both males and females. They usually get swollen when our body is attacked by external microorganisms or when there is some trauma or injury to various body parts. Even though they get healed when the underlying cause is treated, they can sometimes be very serious, especially in the case of cancer or HIV.
Malignant tumors are cancerous and uncontrollable growth of cells under the skin. They a very rare but possible cause of lumps on the inner thigh. Tumor is not normally painful and doesn’t hurt when touched. Its main feature is that it keeps growing uncontrollably and can be treated in a short period.
Abscess and boils
An abscess is a lump on the inner thigh that is very painful and filled with a pus-like fluid that needs to be drained. They are usually caused by an infection and in most cases are red, round and inflamed. Similarly, boils are also pus-filled raised bumps onf inner part of the thigh.
Warts are another very common cause of lumps on the inner thigh. A wart is a dry, scaly and red bump of skin on the leg or any other part of the body. They usually keep growing in size and are caused by a viral infection. They need to be frozen in order to be treated.
Benign tumors are an abnormal cell growth that stop growing after a period of time. They are not cancerous but do cause lumps on the thigh. These lumps are usually under the skin and might be a little painful when touched. They should be removed immediately before they turn malignant.
Sexually transmitted diseases like herpes, HIV, gonorrhea etc. are another reason for the formation of lumps on the inner thigh. These look like pimples and are painful in almost all cases.
Friction or bruising
Physical activities like running or cycling can lead to bumps on the inner thigh from the friction of the skin rubbing together over long periods. Other activities like shaving or sometimes bruising can also lead to these small or large lumps. The lumps can be found on any part of the inner thigh starting from above the knee to near the groin.
The various treatment procedures undertaken by medical professionals to treat lumps on the inner thigh are:
- Antibiotics – In most cases, lumps on the inner thigh are caused by viral, bacterial or fungal infections. So, oral antibiotics are normally prescribed by doctors in addition to other treatments. Antibiotics are given for two main reasons, one reason is to kill harmful microbes already present in the body and the other is to avoid any further growth of the microbes in the body.
- Antiviral Medication and Freezing of warts – Antiviral medicines are given in cases where it has been confirmed that the condition was caused by viruses. In order to treat warts doctors normally give antiviral medication and might also decide to freeze the warts. The freezing stops any further growth and enable the easy surgical removal of warts.
- Antibacterial and Antifungal creams – In cases of lumps on the inner thigh especially near the groin that might be caused by bacterial or fungal infections and are usually characterized by small bumps that look like pimples, creams, and lotions are given by the physician in order to treat them. These creams kill the microorganisms that causes malady and also keep the skin moisturized.
- Surgery – Surgery is done in the case of a tumor or when the lump has become really big and needs to be drained. For benign tumors, lumps should not be left untreated and surgery should be done for its removal as soon as possible. Surgery is also done if the pus cannot be drained out of the lump by other non-surgical techniques. This is very rare and happens only in a few cases.
- Draining – The pus from the lumps is drained with the help of a syringe by a trained medical professional, when the lump becomes very big and its cap fail to appear, a manual draining has to be done.
- Liposuction – When there is an accumulation of extra fat in the tissues, a syringe is used to suck out the fat in order to let the bumps subside on their own.
- Treatment of cancer – In the case of a malignant tumor that is cancerous a proper course of treatment for cancer is carried out to remove the lumps.
The appearance of lumps on inner thigh can be easily prevented. Prevention has always been better than cure. Hence, we give you some preventive measures to take in order to avoid getting lumps on the inner thigh:
Cleanliness is very first step and can save you from a lot of diseases. If a person is dirty a lot of unwanted bacteria, fungus, and viruses build up in the body and cause different types of infections. Also, an unhygienic body makes a person lazy and inefficient. Keeping the inner thigh area clean is very important for both male and female. In the case of females, there is regular secretion of fluids from the vaginal area, therefore, keeping the area clean is very important. Wearing clean clothes and maintaining excellent personal hygiene can save you from getting lumps on the inner thigh.
Many lumps on the inner thigh are caused by STDs like herpes. These bumps are usually present near groin area and looks like pimples. Having unprotected sex is the biggest cause of sexually transmitted diseases. So, always ensure that you use a condom every time you are having sexual intercourse. Also, get your body checked regularly for any kind of sexually transmitted infections. These can be easily treated in the initial stages and when not treated on time can become deadly.
Fat cells accumulate to forms bumps on the inner thigh. So, it’s important keep the body fit by exercising regularly to get rid of fat. These fat can also cause pus-filled bumps on the inner thigh that are extremely painful. Take up any physical activity that you love and do it for at least 30 minutes daily. This will help make your body healthy and your mind very productive.
Wear breathable clothes
Wearing breathable clothing is very important in order to avoid the rashes and bumps caused by sweat. During summer, our body sweats excessively and if a person is wearing tight-fitted clothes or clothes that are made up of non-breathable fabrics, then the sweat cannot be adequately drained out of the body. This accumulated sweat becomes an excellent habitat for microbes to dwell and cause infections. Wear cotton clothing in summers to avoid this situation.
Here are some remedies that you can try at home to treat lump on the inner thigh, they are as follows:
For the lumps that are painful and have liquids in them, warm compresses are the best treatment for eliminating pain and forcing the swelling to subside. Take some warm water in a container and with the help of a towel or a thick cloth directly apply it on the affected area. This will help you get rid of the redness, pain, and inflammation.
Tea Tree oil
Tea tree oil is an excellent remedy for conditions like boils and abscesses, especially near groins. This is because it has some amazing antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Just a small amount of tea tree oil will not only help you get rid of the lumps, but will also protect the area from any further infection. It is also very good for the skin and does not leave any mark once after these lumps are healed. Put some tea tree oil on a cotton swab and apply it directly on the affected area. In addition to this, you can also mix it with some warm water and lavender and apply it as a compress on the affected area.
Turmeric is a wonder spice that has lots of benefits. It is an excellent antiseptic and anti-inflammatory substance. The bumps on the inner thigh which are formed from rubbing together or the ones near the groin can be easily healed by turmeric. It helps relieve the pain and prevents any further infections. A paste of turmeric powder in water or milk can be made. This paste needs to be applied on the skin and left there for at least 20 to 30 minutes. Repeating this a few times every day will help the boil mature and burst. Now, you can easily drain the pus. You can also mix a half teaspoon of turmeric in warm milk and drink the mixture daily. It will provide some relief from the inflammation and pain.